Aims of Job/Job Purpose
The post holder will provide a front line service to support students who are in need of general advice, guidance and support on a wide range of welfare issues in relation to financial advice, accommodation and welfare and health issues.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. To work in collaboratively with the division team and curriculum staff to contribute to the pastoral care of students.
2. To support students with welfare and financial issues by providing information and, advice
3. To ensure that up to date welfare and financial information is available for prospective learners, learners and college guidance/tutorial staff.
4. To promote Health and Wellbeing Awareness events to support the Personal Development Behavior and Welfare of all students
5. To assist Safeguarding Officers in first line response to safeguarding concerns
6. To be involved in the preparation and delivery of group work to students on health related issues such as; alcohol awareness, anger management, and confidence building
7. To provide advice and guidance on accommodation and housing.
8. To provide initial advice and guidance on all support services, to include the admissions and additional learning support process
9. To liaise with external agencies concerning benefits, housing and support units.
10. To support staff to identify ‘at risk’ learners, sign posting and referring where necessary
11. To use all identified recording systems to record interventions and sharing of information to curriculum and the divisions teams as appropriate .
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.