The Estates Department, under the Estates Manager, is responsible for the efficient management, maintenance, repair and improvement of all school property, grounds and gardens, together with repair and replacement of furniture, furnishings and equipment. There are a total of eleven employees in the maintenance team covering a wide range of skills, plus grounds and gardening staff.
The Handyperson is responsible to the Estate’s Supervisor for carrying out repairs, maintenance, and general tasks such as responding to requests to transport deliveries and furniture throughout the school.
The following list is not exhaustive, but is intended to show the range of tasks required (for full details, please see the attached job description):
To carry out day to day maintenance tasks as well as undertaking pre-planned maintenance and repair works. These will include:
- replacing broken ironmongery, ease and adjust doors and windows;
- redecorating of classrooms and offices;
- installing school whiteboards and noticeboards;
- delivering new items of furniture to varying parts of the School.
- Good multi-trade repair skills and experience
- Full driving licence
- Painting and decorating skills desirable
- A positive can-do attitude
- Willingness to undertake a variety of tasks
- Helpful, adaptable and flexible
- Good communication skills
- Be self-motivated, able to work alone and as part of a team
Special Role Requirements
- Ability to work at heights
- At times, the role may require heavy lifting
Hours of work
The basic hours are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday. In addition, the Handyperson will also be required to join the on call rota (maximum of 1 week in 6) to be available deal with out-of-hours estates related emergencies.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, but will be in the region of £24,000 per annum.
Please download the attached job description for more information. If you wish to be considered for this role, please complete the online support staff application form, which can be found on the School's website: