The Board of Governors at Herries School are seeking to appoint a Head with exceptional qualities of leadership, enthusiasm and vision to lead and further develop this school.
A small family school founded in 1937, it nurtures and challenges the pupils to achieve their very best before moving on to Independent Schools and local Grammar Schools. The current Head has led the school with enthusiasm for six years and is moving on to larger school in September 2017.
The Board wish to find a strong head who will ensure that the best of Herries’ current features and values are maintained as well as opportunity given for imagination, innovation and vigorous new leadership. The next Headship will provide both stability and a basis for further progress.
Outstanding candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Proven and successful experience in prep school/leadership either as an outstanding and high-flying deputy head or as an experienced head possessing flair and energy to take on a second post. It might also suit senior house staff, Directors of Studies or an experienced member of a SMT.
- The ability to be a collegiate and collaborative team-player capable when necessary of decisive management with an instinctive feel for the correct relationship between head and the board; a person capable of corporate insight and identity
- Confidence as a natural communicator who will command the interest and imagination of staff, pupils and parents. Someone who will spearhead marketing and public relations in all their facets
- A natural instinct for what is moral and inspiring
- Kindness and absolute integrity who will always put the needs of the pupils first
Closing date: Monday 9th January 2017
To apply for this position please visit: www.anthonymillard.co.uk or for an informal discussion please telephone Ann Collins on +44 (0)7736509775 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Natasha Watson on +44 (0)7423 431132 or email: email@example.com
Dedicated to education | Leadership search and selection | Strategic Consultancy