"With God's help we Dream, Believe, Achieve and Succeed"
St Mary's is a friendly and inclusive outstanding two-form entry voluntary aided primary school in the Archdiocese of Southwark. We have a strong Catholic ethos with the aim of helping our children deepen their faith and grow in the love of God. As part of the Greenwich Catholic Schools Trust, we have a shared goal of providing outstanding Catholic education for the children in our care.
Following the retirement of our current Head, we are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative school leader who has the drive and strategic vision to build upon the success of our school. A practising Catholic, our new Head will develop strong relationships with the parish and wider school community whilst further strengthening the involvement of parents, carers and other stakeholders in the school’s work. The successful candidate will have high expectations of all our pupils, driving academic excellence whilst also nurturing those special gifts which make each child unique.
In addition, our new Head will:
- Be committed to the aims and ethos of the Greenwich Catholic Schools Trust and play a lead role further developing its growth
- Welcome the contribution of staff and develop leadership throughout the school
- Cater for the individual needs and development of each child, enabling them to become happy and responsible adults
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of highly skilled staff all of whom are passionate about working in in a caring Christian atmosphere
- Work with supportive parents and our well-behaved and supportive pupils
- Develop the school’s strategy and vision alongside a supportive and effective governing body that is committed to your continued professional development
At St Mary’s we actively embrace new ideas and constantly look to develop and improve. We are looking for that exceptional person who is ready to make their mark and lead our school into the future.
If you are ready for the challenge then we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by calling Kim Dockings, on 020 8850 7835, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our current Head, Miss Maureen Jackson, will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the school and its context.
Hard copies of the applicant documents are available on request by contacting Scott Glover at email@example.com or by phoning 07766 773682. Completed applications and any queries about the recruitment process should be submitted to Scott.
The Greenwich Catholic Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm Friday 23rd March 2018
Assessment centre and interviews: Tuesday 17th April and Wednesday 18th April 2018
St Mary's Catholic Primary School
Part of the Greenwich Catholic Schools Trust
Eltham SE9 1UF
Tel: 020 8850 7835
Trust website: www.gcst.org.uk
Group 3 NOR: 420 + 52 part-time nursery pupils