The Head Of Admissions (HOA) is responsible for aligning all admissions activities to ISHCMC’s objectives, including developing and implementing the strategic plan and leading the Admissions Department to achieve success, in line with the overall Mission and Vision of the school. To ensure this, the HOA creates, manages and oversees all admissions policies and processes for ISHCMC & ISHCMC-AA, conducts Admissions interviews and tours, and is focused on improving parent experience through the entire admissions process.. The HOA reviews existing procedures and processes (as well as develops new ones) to contribute to the growth of Cognita schools in Vietnam, oversees training and up-skilling of the Admissions Team and Receptionists.
- Head of School – ISHCMC
- Manager Director Operations, Cognita Schools Vietnam (indirect report)
Scope of duties include but is not limited to:
1. Recruit students and families to ISHCMC demonstrating and providing evidence of student outcomes and supporting them (and the school) to better understand that they will benefit from our programs
2. Lead the Admissions team, ensuring growth and progression as appropriate, while maintaining a stable team of core members; ensure Admissions policies and processes and customer service requirements are followed; Distribute workload across the Admissions Team.
3. Continually improve existing systems and processes; develop new systems and processes to support admissions growth for all Cognita Vietnam schools
4. Work closely with the Academic Leadership Team to ensure that the Admissions team is regularly updated on the program, and the Academic Leadership Team is regularly updated on market trends and applications and can consider adjustments to the program
5. Organize interviews and meetings, communicate through emails, etc with foreign and Vietnamese prospective parents and companies to promote enrolment
6. Regularly connect with companies and relocation agents to foster relationships to promote growth for all Cognita Vietnam schools
7. Maintain and provide a regular reporting system for regional & local management on enrolment performance
8. Ensure Admissions team follow the procedures for data entry into the school’s Student Management Systems
9. Work with the Head of School, Section Heads, and School Counselors in managing Admission records, withdrawals and other related tasks.
Community Liaison as required
1. Maintain effective working relationships within the internal (parent and teacher community) and with external (local and overseas) associates.
2. Attend networking events to extend our influence beyond the school; in particular the Chambers of Commerce such as AmCham, EuroCham, BBGV, KoCham and InCham.
3. Liaise with important community groups i.e. Consulate Generals, Corporate clients, Relocation Agencies, Cultural Representative Group, PTO etc.
1. Assist with the development of materials and publications for Marketing and Admissions purposes
2. Assist/support the Marketing team in marketing activities as required/requested by the Head of School and/ or Managing Director
3. Work with Marketing team and Head of School to ensure that the School’s vision and objectives, marketing messages, and Admissions’ stories and narratives are aligned
Role within The School Organization
1. Attend Management & staff meetings, PTO meetings, and school events as needed
2. Advise the Head Of School, Managing Director, and Head of Marketing on observations about academics within the school, through statistical reporting, local and job knowledge.
3. Address any other matter related to the position as may be requested by the Head of School or the Managing Director from time to time.
Skills & Abilities
Customer Experience focused/ Management experience / problem solver / multi- tasking / people engager and influencer / knowledge of the community
Knowledge & Experience
Understanding of International Curriculum / SEN / EAL / Able to fully articulate the IB & US curriculums
Understanding of the International Schools’ market and landscape,
• Can be either expat or local
• Bachelor or Master Degree with relevant major in the area of expertise
• Minimum of five years of full-time relevant experience in a related field
• International environment with diversified nationalities
• Working time: Mon-Fri; 8 am – 5pm
• Competitive package
• Attractive annual leave plan