Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Principal: Rachel Macfarlane
Visionary leader for Art, Design and Technology required at an outstanding new school, a TLR1 will be available for this role.
Start Date: Easter 2018
New, six form entry, mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. The school will grow, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students.. In 2014 the primary phase of the academy opened to 90 reception-aged children. This too will grow each year, until full in September 2020.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Head of ADT who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting. We are seeking an exceptional and pioneering leader who will design and implement an inspiring ADT curriculum from Reception to KS5 and providing opportunities for students to create beautiful and exceptional art and craft work and develop innovative design skills.
This is a rare opportunity to be centrally involved in establishing Art, Design and Technology in an outstanding school.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an exceptional subject practitioner
- Have a track record of achieving outstanding student outcomes
- possess the skills and determination to significantly enrich the lives of INA students and Ilford residents through Art, Design and Technology.
They will have the opportunity to:
- play a strategic role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- be involved in the design and implementation of the ADT curriculum
- lead and grow a team of art and technology teachers and operational staff
- join the Ark network, with comprehensive CPD provision.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you have any technical issues with the application form, please contact our recruitment team on 0203 116 6345. For a candidate information pack or an informal, confidential discussion please contact the HR Office, on 020 8911 6657.
To apply please visit https://goo.gl/d54unV. Please complete your application by 11am Monday 30th of October.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: Easter 2018, or as soon as possible after.
Deadline: 11am Monday 30th October
Salary: ARK MPS /UPS plus TLR 1(depending on experience and expertise)
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.