Head of Apprenticeships
MPS2, £31,948 - £37,305 per annum (up to £41,131 for higher performance or experience)
37 hours x 52 weeks
The Sheffield College
As part of an innovative change to how we are organising our Curriculum Leadership by introducing a Faculty/Matrix structure, we have a variety of exciting new leadership vacancies available.
The Head of Apprenticeships will be responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the apprenticeship delivery to ensure apprentices achieve to a high standard and in a timely manner, whilst optimising employability through the development of skills for the workplace.
This new leadership role will provide a career pathway to progression within our Faculties whilst including teaching responsibilities that ensure as practitioners you are at the cutting edge of delivery.
Degree level qualified with a recognised teaching qualification, you will have successful leadership and management experience in education and a vocational background in any one or more of our areas of curriculum.
When making your application please identify which Faculties are of greater interest to you due to your background, qualifications and experience referring to our Curriculum Leadership Structure.
The College Faculties are currently set out as follows:
- Business and Enterprise which includes: Business; Catering, Hospitality Travel & Tourism, Hair & Beauty
- Creative and Design which includes: Media, Performing Arts, Photography, Design, Visual Arts
- Engineering, Construction and Technology which includes: Mechanical Engineering, Motor Vehicle, Construction, Computing Technologies
- English, Maths and ESOL which includes: English & Maths, ESOL and EFL.
- Health and Science which includes: Science, Dental Technology, Childcare & Education, Health & Social Care
- Land Based, Sport and Protective Service which includes: Land based & Animal Care, Sport, Protective Service
- Higher Education and Academic Studies which includes Access and Academic Studies
Closing Date: Monday, 18 June 2018
Selection: Either week commencing 2 or 9 July 2018