HEAD OF ARABIC
Start date January 2019
DESS is the premier not-for-profit school in Doha with an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and learning. DESS was rated as Outstanding by PENTA International in May 2017 and was the QBBF’s ‘Organisation of the Year 2017’. The school is sponsored by the British Embassy and a proud member of IAPS, COBIS and BSME. We are a dynamic Primary school with a clear direction, having learning at the heart of our mission. Our children represent 31 nations (90% British) and together generate a culture of success and enjoyment. Learning is led by an excellent group of adults who work in teams to achieve the highest standards academically, as well as providing a very happy working environment.
We are seeking: Head of Arabic
· Candidates with UK or equivalent recognised teaching qualifications, who are thoughtful practitioners and enjoy being part of a team.
· You must have at least 1 year of full time teaching experience in classical “Fusha” Arabic.
· Candidates who, ideally, have experience of working within an English Speaking Primary School
· Candidates who have the ability to line manage one other Arabic Teacher and Teaching Assistant
We are offering:
· Generous tax free salaries
· Opportunities for professional development
· Small classes
· Excellent facilities
Please apply using the online application form at www.dess.org with the subject reference
ARABIC NOV/18 - by 1pm, Thursday 29th November 2018:
Please note that all applicants will need to provide a ICPC certificate, a certified copy of their original Education Certificate/s duly notarised and attested by a notary public in their country of issue along with a transcript of their university degree and a letter from the university stating that you attended in person. These documents must then be stamped by the Qatari Embassy. These documents are required by the Qatari Labour Department when applying for a work visa. (Advice can be provided by the school regarding how these can be obtained).
Interviews will be held In Nov/Dec 2018.
We reserve the right to close a position once we have received sufficient applications to form a short-list. Early application is therefore encouraged
We invite you to visit our school website at www.dess.org to find out more about us. We look forward to receiving your application.