We are looking for an inspirational teacher with strong creative credentials and leadership qualities to start in September 2018.
The successful candidate will:
• have a passionate interest in and enthusiasm for the subject
• be able to lead, develop and enthuse a varied team of talented colleagues
• be an outstanding classroom teacher
• possess creativity, strong organisational abilities and excellent interpersonal skills
• be able to develop policies and approaches that will allow all students to fulfil their potential
• be able to manage and administer the department efficiently and effectively
• be responsible for managing the departmental budget
• design schemes of work and contribute to the overall success of the department
A broadly-based Art Course is taught throughout the School and, while exam candidates are encouraged to view Art in the widest possible context, provisions are made for specialisation in public exams. Several artistic disciplines are taught throughout GCSE and A level including painting, ceramics, photography, graphics (Adobe Photoshop, premier pro) as well as drawing and painting and printmaking. Critical and contextual studies are an integral element of art teaching throughout the School. An exciting and developing collaboration with the Art Department at Goldsmiths, University of London, includes work with a recent graduate as Artist in Residence and regular sharing of ideas.