In 2012, Bolingbroke Academy opened with the vision to create a centre of excellence. We are extremely proud of our outstanding first set of GCSE results in English, Maths, Science, Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) and Performing Arts. We are seeking an exceptional Head of Art and Design to join our pioneering school and contribute to our school’s mission. This is a unique opportunity to be part of showing what non-selective education can achieve for all pupils in our community. Bolingbroke Academy provides a first class learning environment based on outstanding teaching, great relationships and excellent facilities.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Head of Art and Design to lead a well-resourced department with good examination results. You will have experience of teaching across the age and ability range in Art and Design. This department also incorporates Product Design. This is a rare opportunity which offers excellent development opportunities
The successful candidate will:
· be passionate about their subject and a committed team player
· have experience of teaching at ks4 and ks5
· demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
· have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
· be committed to Bolingbroke Academy’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· play a key role in the delivery of the academy’s GCSE’s results
· access excellent training and professional development;
· learn from and share best practice with colleagues across the Ark network;
· access a broad range of benefits including an employee assistance programme, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
Hours: Full time
Location: Wandsworth, London
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Ark MPS (£29,377 - £39,982) or UPS (£44,707 - £48,814) (Inner London), depending on experience + TLR Competitive
Please apply at https://goo.gl/mREj9u.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, therefore early application is advised. Strong candidates may be invited to interview prior to role’s closing date.
For further information please contact the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ark value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant employment checks.