Hampton Gardens School
Hartland Avenue, Hampton Gardens, Peterborough, PE7 8HR
Hampton Gardens is a new 11-19 free school which opened in September 2017 to an initial intake of 180 Year 7 students. When full the school will accommodate 1200 students in years 7-11 and 300 students in Sixth Form. Hampton Gardens is part of the Hampton Academies Trust who also run the highly successful and popular Hampton College.
Required for September 2019:
Head of Art
TLR 2b (£4,530)
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed Head of Art in our brand new purpose built school. This role provides an exciting and unique opportunity to lead and develop the department as the school grows.
• To lead an outstanding Department, raise attainment and develop teaching and learning in Art;
• For a practitioner with a successful track record in achieving high standards and securing improvement through innovative teaching and who is ready for the next challenge in a leadership role;
• In a school where active learning and experimentation are encouraged and where Art is valued and supported by the leadership team;
• In a modern building where each teaching space has interactive facilities;
• In an expanding school where promotion and developmental opportunities arise regularly;
• Monitor the academic progress of students;
• Embrace creativity and innovation and always looking for the very best practice in teaching;
• In the first couple of years of operation, subject TLR post holders will also be expected to line manage a small number of teachers in other subject areas.
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details on this position please download a Recruitment Pack from the school’s website – www.hamptongardens.org.uk
Applications to arrive no later than 9.00am on Monday 18 March 2019
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).