Head of Art
Are you an exceptional teacher of Art seeking to lead a dynamic and successful team? We are extremely proud of our Art Department and we are seeking a Head of Art to build on its success. We value the Arts highly in our curriculum and are one of few schools to be awarded the Platinum Artsmark.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- excellent resources and facilities for Art and Photography;
- a successful department with an excellent local reputation;
- high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Art Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘A Letter from the Deputy Headteacher’
We would like you to be:
- experienced in teaching Art to Key Stage 5;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com ).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Wednesday 22 May and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Thursday 23 May.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.