Northfields is currently hiring a Head of Faculty - Art & DT and the successful candidate will report to the Senior Management Team.
- As a Head of Faculty, you will be expected:
- To raise standards of pupil attainment and achievement within the whole curriculum area and to monitor and support pupil progress.
- To evaluate and report on pupil progress and development within the faculty subject areas.
- To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject/curriculum area.
- To effectively manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources within the faculty to support faculty development.
- To be a line manager to the Art & DT Teachers
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils studying in the faculty, in accordance with the aims of the School and the curricular policies determined by the Principal in conjunction with the Senior Academic Committee
The successful candidate should possess the job specification as outlined below:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of subject area(s)
- Variety of management, teaching and assessment strategies
- Experience in Teaching either Art or DT at IGCSE and A level & IB
- Successful in building a positive working relationships with students, staff & parents
- Initiate in cross curricular activities
Please send full CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 30th April 2018.