Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation
About the School
GEMS Al Barsha National School for Girls, Dubai, is relatively new school which opened in September 2016. It offers an inspirational curriculum based on the National Curriculum for England with Arabic language and UAE culture, heritage and tradition at the heart of everything. As an all-through educational provision, the school currently caters for children from FS1 to Year 10 with plans to grow to Year 13 in successive years. FS provision is co-educational and Y1-10 is girls only. FS boys from GEMS Al Barsha National School for Boys are educated in the girls campus.
The school enjoys a prime location making it easily accessible to everything that Dubai has to offer as well as other Emirates. As well as being a fabulous place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Here in Dubai you will enjoy an excellent lifestyle as well as extensive travel and leisure opportunities around the region and further afield. http://www.gemsnationalschoolforgirls-barsha.com/
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Assessment and Data - Whole School. Ideally, we would like this person in post early 2020, however, the start date can be negotiable, subject to availability.
This is a key leadership role for the school. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for assessment and reporting across the whole school and ensure that:
- student data is systematically obtained and recorded;
- student attainment, progress and achievement are effectively analysed and used to inform decision making and curriculum planning;
- learning outcomes are triangulated and referenced with international benchmarks;
- student progress is effectively communicated with all stakeholders;
- teachers understand and make effective use of assessment to address the needs of students.
To be considered for this appointment you will require:
- Bachelor Degree in a related area alongside qualified teacher status;
- relevant experience in an all-through school setting working with assessment data, tracking student progress and using data to improve teaching and learning;
- previous experience of school leadership or middle management;
- strong knowledge of data, assessment and data analysis systems such as Excel and SIMS;
- knowledge of external school inspection and quality assurance processes (for example, KHDA, OFSTED, BSO, etc..) and the use of data evidence to demonstrate school improvement is essential.
Please note, familiarity of the UAE inspection framework would also be an advantage
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including: Competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
To apply for these positions please visit our Careers site and apply online https://careers.gemseducation.com/gems/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=146556&ChannelID=2964
(Ref: 5377). Please ensure you have uploaded an up-to-date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Note: GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.