Beckfoot Thornton is in an extremely exciting period on its journey to becoming a truly great school having just joined the highly successful Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust. It is a popular 11 to 18 school with approximately 1500 students on roll, including a very active Sixth Form of approximately 175 students. The school is fully inclusive and is set in the outskirts of the city of Bradford.
As the successful candidate you will be joining Beckfoot Thornton at an exciting time of rapid change and refocusing of the school to ensure good or better progress is made by ALL of our young people.
We are looking to appoint an innovative, forward looking Head of Biology to join us to lead our team of dedicated Biology teachers. You will lead the delivery of Biology teaching across all age and ability ranges, supporting the team to deliver good and outstanding lessons and working with staff to engage and motivate all our students. You will have high expectations of student behaviour whilst maintaining productive and respectful relationships.
- An opportunity to work at a school that forms part of the highly successful Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust which provides high teaching expertise with shared learning and collaborative working.
- Talented students who are eager to learn and inspired to achieve the best that they can
- A highly skilled, committed and supportive team.
- Opportunities to develop further through a tailored programme of training and CPD with great development opportunities across the Trust.
- Complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form, which can be downloaded from the school’s website at www.beckfootthornton.org. CVs will not be accepted.
- Write a letter of application of no more than two sides of A4, font no smaller than 11. In your letter please identify how your experience and personal qualities meet the requirements for the post and use this as an opportunity to identify your areas of specific strength in the role.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by no later than Monday 5th December 2016 at 9.30am. Interviews will take place week commencing 5th December 2016.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a successful DBS check and at least two previous employer references. In accordance with the Immigration Act 2016, the successful applicant will need to speak fluent English.