Full time Head of Biology
Required for September 2019
Salary Scale: MPR/UPR + TLR1a
• Do you want to be a leader of a successful and high-achieving department in a school community where innovation and aspiration run alongside a commitment to historical values and traditions?
• Are you looking for a school committed to the development of all students as well as rounded individuals and potential future leaders?
• Do you want to work with highly motivated students who are keen to learn and develop?
• Are you looking for an opportunity to work with and lead a committed team of experienced and highly qualified staff?
• Do you want to make a leading contribution to sustaining a record of high academic achievement?
• Do you have the skills to lead the further development of teaching and learning?
• Are you an outstanding classroom practitioner with the vision and leadership skills to maintain high standards, build on success and help lead a successful department into the next stage of its development?
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to the full time, permanent post of Head of Biology. This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding classroom practitioner to take on the leadership of a large, collaborative and academically successful department in a successful and oversubscribed 11-18 grammar school in the Manchester commuter belt.
BRGS was rated outstanding in all categories in its most recent OFSTED inspection, and has a strong focus on staff development. The sixth form at BRGS includes around 370 students and the department currently delivers Biology to 165 students at A-level.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Completed applications should be returned to:
firstname.lastname@example.org marked ‘Head of Biology Application’
To enable governors to give full consideration to your application:
• complete the application form in full
• enclose a supporting statement of no more than 1200 words (12point font).
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 23rd April 2019 – 9.00am.