Stratford Girls' Grammar School
Head of Biology
Full-time with a competitive salary
Would you like to make a difference in a school where you can?
Stratford Girls' Grammar School is an extraordinary place to teach and work in, with high academic standards, a genuine community spirit and high levels of enthusiasm shown by our students. They are bright, engaged and highly motivated, hence results are outstanding at all levels. Without doubt, they are a stimulating group of young people to guide, support and work with.
In this very high-achieving and forward-looking school, we are looking for someone with the vision and energy to lead and manage all aspects of our Biology Department from September 2020. All students study all three Sciences at GCSE and many continue to A-level, along with other academically able students attracted to our sixth form. Their love of the subject is strengthened through an array of fantastic enrichment. You will therefore be leading an exciting core element within our very popular and high achieving Sciences.
As Head of Biology, the successful candidate will need to:
• be an inspirational leader and outstanding teacher, who is highly committed to bringing out the best in every student.
• lead by example through excellent teaching, leadership and management
• lead and manage the development of the Biology Department
• demonstrate a full and professional commitment to all that is excellent in 11-18 education
• have a genuine interest in how young people learn and in developing strategies for well-being
• have a good working knowledge and understanding of the career pathways open to students studying Biology and Science more widely.
• maintain a high profile in the school and the wider community
• be an excellent tutor
• make a significant contribution to the wider needs and life of the school
• promote the aims, objectives and values of the school and embrace the school’s commitment to safeguarding, equality and diversity at all times.
We can offer you: • a friendly, caring, supportive and inclusive ethos for students and staff • a genuine opportunity to teach outstanding students who are willing and keen to learn • an excellent professional development programme with a comprehensive induction programme • highly professional colleagues committed to the provision of high-quality education • a great opportunity to make a difference to our young people's lives. • a competitive salary
For further details and an application form, see “vacancies” on our website: www.sggs.org.uk or ring Jane Pearson on 01789 293759
Application deadline: Wednesday 26th February, 2020 at 9.30am
Interviews will be held: w/c 2nd March, 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding, equality of opportunity, and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS check will be required.