British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers
and supportive parents?
HEAD of BISR SALWA required for August 2017
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint a Head teacher for its satellite school BISR Salwa which is located about 30km from Riyadh. The Head of Salwa reports to the BISR Head of Primary, but has a considerable amount of autonomy. The position requires a good working relationship with key staff at BAE Systems, as well as the BISR Senior Leadership Team. It is a unique, but very exciting position. This role would suit an enthusiastic person currently in senior leadership who aspires towards headship.
BISR Salwa caters exclusively for the children of residents of the SALWA compound and currently there are about 160 children are on role.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- have the capacity to manage change and lead staff in a sustained programme of school improvement;
- have a strong track record of professional achievement in primary education;
- have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of UK primary education;
- demonstrate a leadership style that is motivational, energetic and persuasive;
- have a proven capacity to identify, attract, recruit and retain talented staff;
- have the ability to think and plan strategically for the continuing development of Salwa School and to convert strategies into operating plans that can be implemented successfully;
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills, so as to ensure good relationships of mutual trust and respect with all stakeholders;
- have the ability to work within agreed policies and procedures while confident and willing to take the initiative and learn new skills;
- have a sound grasp of financial management;
- show enthusiasm, energy and a capacity for sustained hard work.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/267 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Friday 6th January 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa