We are looking for an experienced Head of Boarding at Nord Anglia School Ningbo Fenghua (NAS Ningbo).
About Nord Anglia School Ningbo Fenghua (NAS Ningbo)
Opened in September 2018, NAS Ningbo bilingual school provides a state of the art, world-class teaching and learning environment with a total student capacity of 3,500. Providing a unique international learning experience, NAS Ningbo offers students the best of eastern and western education resources and philosophies for students aged 6-18. The bilingual program is based on the Chinese K-12 curriculum blended with globally respected international curriculum elements and teaching methods. Students will experience a solid foundation of Chinese culture, whilst equipping them with the knowledge and skills they will need to be successful in an increasingly globalized word.
As a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, the special advantage of working together with 66 other schools around the world enables us to achieve more than we can individually. Nord Anglia Education has a wide range of resources and support to enhance our school’s success. Unique opportunities such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and collaborations with The Juilliard School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and King’s College London benefit both our students and staff.
Find out more at https://www.nordangliaeducation.com and https://www.nasningbo.cn
About The City of Ningbo
Located on the east coast of China’s Zhejiang Province, Ningbo is a thriving city offering a rich blend of culture, business and recreation, all set in a beautiful landscape only two hours' drive from Shanghai. As one of the busiest ports in the world and centered on the flow of two rivers, Ningbo is a popular destination for both families and businesses alike.
Get to know about Ningbo city by clicking https://vimeo.com/371536748
About The Role
- Establishing, building and maintaining positive relationships between boarding staff, teaching staff, students and parents.
- Providing a happy, caring, secure and stable environment (both physical and emotional) for students living in the boarding houses.
- Having the welfare of students in the boarding houses as paramount concern.
- Promoting the school as a caring and nurturing environment dedicated to the well-being and education of students.
- Working in the best interests of the school.
- Bachelor degree or above
- Relevant certificates and credentials, as First Aid Certificate etc.
- A minimum of one year boarding leader experience
- Fluent in English with excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Relates well and responds effectively to the requests of students, parents and staff
- Ability to work and perform well in sometimes demanding and stressful environment
- Able to meet visa-related restrictions of living and working in China
When you join NAS Ningbo, you are strategically connected to a global community of more than 9,000 people working together to create unique learning opportunities. We offer you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development. At NAS Ningbo, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
Our vibrant online platform, Nord Anglia University, harnesses the collective expertise of professionals in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. Through our collaborations with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), our teachers have unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer selected candidates from our staff worldwide an opportunity to earn their Executive Master’s in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King’s College London.
Alongside great training and a competitive package, you’ll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the best cities in China where combines both great history featuring seafaring and urban development.
As the NAS staff, you enjoy the following benefits:
- A fast-paced, global experience so that you can progress on a global scale
- An enabling environment founded on creativity, challenge and collaboration
- A culture which is fair and consultative
- Unique opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career
The closing date for application is 31 May 2020. Interviews will be conducted by Skype or telephone by the end of April 2020.
Employment Start Date: August 2020
At NAS Ningbo, we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both country of residence/birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via Nord Anglia Education website at https://www.nordangliaeducation.jobs/displayjob.aspx?jobid=8385 and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.