This is an exciting opportunity to lead a successful department in the next stage of its development at a school which is focused of delivering the very best education for all. Very popular as an option at both KS4 (Business Studies GCSE and Business BTEC) and KS5 (Business A Level and Economics A Level) the department is expanding its offer to include Level 3 Business BTEC in September. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic professional, an excellent classroom practitioner and have proven leadership skills.
Our community school has a collegial and welcoming atmosphere for students and teachers alike. Always moving forward, this year we are developing our curriculum and pedagogical approach to ensure an engaging learning experience that is underpinned by a solid knowledge base and understanding. Focused on improving the learning experience of all students you will be responsible for leading the development of a coherent curriculum offer and further developing links with industry and business. You will be able to teach Economics A Level and be a driven professional leader looking for career progression.
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
• A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
We are looking for professionals with:
• Experience of teaching Business Studies KS4-5 and Economics KS5
• A track record of successful student outcomes at KS4 and KS5
• The ability to lead and motivate staff
• High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of the Business Studies and Economics Department at Langdon Park School, we look forward to hearing from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity for exceptional teachers. Visits to the school are welcome by appointment.
Langdon Park School is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from appropriately qualified persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be DBS checked.
Please apply via the TES online. Should you have any questions regarding the post, please contact the School Business Manager Mrs Meinicke by telephone: 0207 987 4811 ext:204 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 25th April 2019 9am
Interviews: 26th April 2019