Norton Hill is a highly successful, oversubscribed school working as part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership. The Trust comprises 3 Secondary Schools and 9 Primary Schools with over 3600 students on roll. Norton Hill School is the largest school in the Trust with nearly 1700 students, including almost 400 in the Sixth Form.
Norton Hill School has an outstanding reputation for both attainment and progress, with our Progress 8 scores placing us in the top 5% of schools in England for the last 3 years. The school follows a broad and balanced curriculum reflecting core traditional values which is shown through our very strong performance in EBacc subjects.
Following our latest OFSTED report in 2017, our pastoral care system has continued to be rated outstanding and teachers are very well supported in carrying out their professional duties.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher to join our talented and hardworking staff.
- Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
- Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
- Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
- Help us maintain outstanding results
- Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
- A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
- Excellent facilities for teaching and learning
- Leading Edge professional development support to improve your practice
- An emphasis on core traditional values of good manners, high academic achievement, high standards of appearance from our children
- An emphasis on Duke of Edinburgh, Ten Tors and other outdoor education for all
- All staff in the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership have the chance to share best practice across age ranges, share resources and work in one or more school.
Interviews: Thursday 24th May
Norton Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.