Head of Business Studies
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2b (£4,396)
To start: September 2018
Horizon Community College, Barnsley, opened in September 2012. With nearly £50 million worth of investment, facilities in this new Community College are among the very best in the country. In July 2014, Ofsted judged that ‘Horizon Community College is a good school. Achievement has improved rapidly in all year groups since the college opened.’
In 2017, under the new grading system, 61% of Horizon students gained a grade 4 or above in English and Mathematics combined, with the college securing an above average progress score of +0.17. This built on excellent performances in the college’s first four years and places Horizon’s results in the top 27% of schools nationally. 24% of our students also achieved the strong Ebacc qualification, which was 5% above the national average. The College is delighted to be able to offer the right candidate the opportunity to join a very ambitious department within our successful school.
The successful candidate will be the head of a growing and successful Business Studies department. The uptake of GCSE business studies is quickly increasing and we are now introducing this subject into the Year 9 curriculum. Above all, we are looking for a dedicated leader who is aspirational, enthusiastic, motivated and can inspire students to achieve their full potential.
To be successful, you will:
- engage and enthuse our learners through a commitment to outstanding teaching and learning;
- have high expectations of students and help to drive student aspirations;
- contribute to the development of a strong and forward-looking team;
- be innovative in your techniques to motivate and inspire young people;
- build positive relationships with staff, students and parents alike.
- relatively small class sizes;
- a calm teaching environment where behaviour for learning is good;
- superb career development opportunities;
- bespoke CPD opportunities to enhance professional growth;
- exceptional teaching and learning facilities and resources;
Horizon offers the successful candidate a whole-hearted commitment to professional learning that places individual. If you are a committed teacher who shares our passion for educating motivated, deserving and enthusiastic students, we would love to hear from you.
For full details, to discuss the role or to request an application pack, please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin at Hays Education on Jessica.Galvin@hays.com or 0114 217 1556. Informal visits are welcome and encouraged, please contact Jessica to arrange this.
The closing date for this post is Friday 18th May
Interviews will be held week commencing 21st May
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A criminal records bureau check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.