Head of Centre (ASCEND – SEMH specialist provision)
Start Date: April/Sept 2020
Salary: Leadership Scale (Fringe) L17 – L21 (£62,039 - £68,325)
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Ormiston Park Academy provides specialist education for students with Educational Healthcare Plans addressing their Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This resource base provision is run in collaboration with Thurrock Local Authority and is housed in A Specialist Centre for Education, Nurture and Development (ASCEND) within the grounds of the main Academy.
The bespoke education provided for currently 20 students (mixed 11-16 yrs.) is widely regarded as excellent and delivers extremely high progress and outcomes for those at the end of KS4. In recent years 100% of leavers have secured progression into further education, employment or training.
With a growing waiting list for admission to ASCEND it has been decided to extend the available places from 20 to 30. To that end we seek an exciting, inspirational and experienced professional to lead this expansion to success and beyond. Do you believe all students can be outstanding and champion the importance of education in shaping the future for young people? If so, we await your application.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
• Have a successful record of impact in the teaching of vulnerable students with complex needs.
• Possess in depth knowledge and understanding of SEND provision (A SENCO qualification will be advantageous).
• Be able to inspire, lead and manage colleagues to break down the barriers for students and achieve shared goals.
• Be able to build successful and trusting relationships with students, motivating them to believe in themselves and engage wholeheartedly in their education.
• Be committed and proactive to furthering your own professional development. Ormiston Academies Trust offers access to a comprehensive and exciting range of development and networking opportunities throughout its regions.
To arrange a time to visit the ASCEND base, or discuss the position further please contact Sally Spraggon, PA to the Principal on 01708 865180 or email@example.com. Please note, we will not accept CVs or applications via agencies for this post. All applications should be made using the OPA Application Form with a supporting statement, and are to be returned electronically. Early applications are encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 13th December 2019 at 12pm noon
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified on Monday 16th December 2019
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 18th December 2019
Ormiston Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to references and enhanced DBS checks.