We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues, a teacher who is reflective of their own strengths and who is keen to improve their areas of development and share their enthusiasm with others to join a strong science team. We would like a teacher of chemistry, with a proven track record of excellent teaching to KS5. We particularly welcome applications from teachers who are keen to take wider leadership roles within the department.
The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school.
If you have ambition and aspire to teach in an outstanding school (Ofsted, 2011) then Woolwich Polytechnic School is waiting to hear from you.
Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school (co-educational at Post 16) and is rated outstanding by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
There are plans for the Trust to grow, including the opening of a girls’ school, which means there will be numerous opportunities for promotion and staff to take on extra responsibilities; are you ready to grow with us?
We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of science with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching, from September 2018, an individual that will become an integral part of the department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals and be actively involved in teaching science up to Key Stage 5. We encourage applications from scientists, who feel they can bring innovation to an already highly-effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Our Sixth Form has a substantial number of students taking science subjects at KS5 including psychology and applied science Level 3, alongside the traditional routes of biology, chemistry and physics. Increasing numbers have applied and have been accepted at Oxbridge, MIT and Russell Group universities. Our commitment to academic performance at the highest level means that our KS5 students have a minimum of seven 50-minute periods per week. 70% of our students achieved A*-C grades in two or more sciences at GCSE in 2017 and a large triple cohort.
We continue to enter students into AS level examinations and all sciences achieved red hot ALPS.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching science.
• The ability to be an outstanding science teacher.
• A track recording of high performance delivering chemistry at KS5.
• The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
• The ability to deliver chemistry up to KS5.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
• Experience or an ambition to take leadership roles within the department.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School, we can offer you: •
Opportunities for career progression,
• Excellent professional development,
• A contributory pension scheme,
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals,
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee,
• Free tea, latte, cappuccino and hot chocolate etc.
• An employee assistance programme.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Season ticket loans.
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ.
• Excellent catering facilities.
• Secure on-site parking.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the school application form. If you would like to discuss this position in more We look forward to hearing from you.