As a 7-18 State Boarding School, we are seeking a Head of Chemistry to provide inspirational leadership of Chemistry and effective delivery of an outstanding Chemistry curriculum ensuring all our pupils make excellent progress.
The successful candidate would inspire teachers and pupils to have a passion for the subject and to ensure Chemistry is a vibrant subject within the school community. The successful candidate will be:
• Committed to the teaching of Chemistry
• An excellent classroom practitioner with understanding of high quality teaching and learning
• Experienced in successful teaching of Chemistry to GCSE and A level and of raising attainment
• Able to create and lead subject development and be experienced in supporting other staff to enhance teaching and learning
• Committed to regular and on-going professional development
To apply please complete an application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th May, 2021, 9.00 am
Interview Date: Thursday 27th May, 2021 (via Microsoft Teams)
The school reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.
Royal Alexandra and Albert School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is a 7-18 co-educational, non-selective state boarding school located in 260 acres of beautiful private parkland in Gatton Park, Surrey. Our large site allows us to have extensive sporting facilities, including f...