We would like to invite applications for the permanent post of Head of Chemistry from September 2018. We are seeking to appoint an ambitious subject specialist, with a record of delivering excellent results. You will combine excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to work alongside the Head of Science to inspire, challenge and motivate students to succeed and to achieve their highest possible grades.
- To drive for achieving successful results and progress for all students.
- Leading and managing the departmental subject team to ensure high quality teaching and learning in the subject area.
- Developing approaches to teaching and learning within the department and contributing to the middle leaders’ network.
- Contributing as a middle leader to the ethos, policy and practice of the school.
- Alongside Head of Department, to provide a framework for effective teaching and learning of all students of all abilities through current and relevant schemes of work.
- To promote school systems to raise student achievement and maintain high standards of student work and behaviour through positive approaches to their work, supported self-discipline, the monitoring of individual performance and other assessment procedures.
- Alongside Head of Department, to plan for the improvement in teaching and learning in the department and contribute to whole school planning.
- The efficient organisation of internal teacher assessments across all Key Stages (writing assessments for half-termly tests in Key Stage 4 and 5).
- Following the receipt of data from Head of Department, implement interventions for students in Key Stage 4 and 5 with the purpose of raising achievement.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an ENHANCED criminal record check via the DBS.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntree.co.uk. Please also download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Mrs Tracy Bussey, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: email@example.com)
Closing date: Sunday 25th February at 12 midnight