As a 7-18 State Boarding School we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to provide inspirational leadership of the Citizenship and Careers Department and provide the effective delivery of an outstanding Citizenship and PSHE curriculum. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing an effective strategy for providing comprehensive careers advice to students from year 8 upwards and ensuring that all students are equipped to face the demands and challenges of life beyond school to become active citizens of the 21st century.
All pupils in years 7-11 have one core Citizenship lesson per week, through which Citizenship, Career and PSHE guidance is delivered. The School also offers pupils the opportunity to study Citizenship as a GCSE and it is a popular choice.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide strong and supportive leadership of the Citizenship and Careers Department
• Lead the department to the highest standards of professionalism as a role model for colleagues and pupils
• Lead the design and implementation of an outstanding Citizenship and PSHE curriculum and education across Key Stages 3 and 4
• Be responsible for the successful delivery of GCSE Citizenship
• Ensure Citizenship, PSHE and Careers are thriving throughout the school and ensure the highest levels of engagement of all students
• Be responsible for the development and co-ordination of a comprehensive careers programme within the school that helps students make informed decisions at each stage of their school career
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
To apply, please complete an application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing date: Wednesday 25th April at midday
Interview: Monday 30th April
The Royal Alexandra & Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced DBS check.