As a 7-18 State Boarding School, we are seeking a Head of Co-Curriculum Music to provide inspirational leadership in this area and oversee the effective delivery of an outstanding co-curriculum Music programme.
We are proud of the central role that Music plays within our vibrant school community and the Head of Co-Curriculum Music, alongside the Head of Academic Music, is pivotal to ensuring Music continues to flourish across the School. The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about developing musical ability at all levels;
• Have a high level of personal musical expertise and be able to lead our various individual and ensemble groups to perform regularly to a high standard across a variety of audiences;
• Be able to create a highly effective programme for our Music scholars;
• Be enthusiastic and committed to achieving success with our new Steinway School Partnership;
• Able to create and lead change and be experienced in supporting other staff to ensure excellence for our pupils;
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner;
• Committed to regular and on-going professional development.
To apply please complete an application form with a covering letter or statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st April 2021, 9.00 am
Interview Date: Friday 30th April 2021 (via Microsoft Teams)
The school reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.
Royal Alexandra and Albert School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is a 7-18 co-educational, non-selective state boarding school located in 260 acres of beautiful private parkland in Gatton Park, Surrey. Our large site allows us to have extensive sporting facilities, including f...