Head of Computer Science, ICT & Business Studies
The Governing Body wish to appoint a dynamic and innovative Head of Computer Science, IT and Business Studies, who can lead the department towards outstanding achievement for all students. The successful candidate will be a highly determined, outstanding classroom practitioner who will provide professional and positive leadership and management of the team, supporting and developing them and ensuring accountability for student progress.
This post offers outstanding opportunities for continuous personal and professional development for a highly motivated and ambitious teacher looking for career advancement. ICT is delivered throughout the curriculum at key stage 3 and along with Computer Science and Business Studies are popular options at key stage 4. The department has four dedicated classrooms, fully equipped with interactive technology, printing facilities and visualizers. As Head of Department, the appointed person would be leading two other members of staff and would have the autonomy to develop the subjects as a distinct area, while supporting staff across the school to ensure ICT skills are offered and developed throughout the curriculum.
The role would suit an existing middle leader looking to play a leading role in a new context or for someone looking for their first curriculum leadership role.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all of our students.
• Able to think strategically and creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in the technology and information curriculum
• Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
• Enthusiastic and visionary with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities
• A successful practitioner with a track record of high expectations and successful outcomes.
• Committed to their own professional development
We can offer you:
• A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn
• Support from a dedicated and experienced department
• A supportive environment with high quality CPD opportunities
• An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and a MacBook
• A well-resourced modern school building, opened in 2011
• Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health & Dental care plans for staff
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.