We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, inspirational, Head of Faculty to lead the Okehampton College Computer Science, ICT and Business Studies Faculty through the next phase of its development. To this end, we are looking to appoint a leader who has high expectations of themselves and others; can motivate staff and students and can pro-actively move the faculty forward at a time of change.
You will be responsible for:
• providing high quality leadership to the Computer Science, ICT and Business Studies Faculty;
• monitoring both student and staff performance within the faculty;
• raising students’ achievement through the use of appropriate intervention strategies;
• providing appropriate support to members of the faculty to maximise the delivery of Teaching and Learning.
The successful candidate must
• be an outstanding classroom practitioner;
• be passionate about student achievement and aspirations;
• be able to inspire and get the best from others;
• show commitment to the school's vision and ethos;
• be creative, innovative and energetic;
• have proven leadership experience and the potential to develop further.
Applications are invited from motivated and inspirational colleagues who possess the leadership skills necessary to support the College’s quest for further improvement.
Okehampton College was granted Teaching School status April 2016, and established The Dartmoor Teaching Schools Alliance (DTSA), with over 90 schools as members across Devon. The establishment of DTSA has enhanced the quality of teaching and learning for our students and created opportunities for professional development for our staff, so that the opportunities for development and career progression within the organisation are superb.
We are delighted to be part of The Dartmoor Multi- Academy Trust (DMAT) which came into effect on 1st January 2018. DMAT is a large MAT consisting of a total of 3 secondary schools and 13 primary schools and provides further opportunity for sharing good practice and resources and for staff development.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).