Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, set in an attractive 48-acre parkland site in South Croydon enjoying excellent links to London, Surrey and the south coast. We are proud to be able to offer:
- A unique, tailor-made education for boys aged 10-18
- Beautiful and historic parkland site with outstanding facilities
- A record of outstanding academic achievement
- Superb facilities for over 40 sports, an exciting performing arts programme and wide range of co-curricular activities
- Excellent pastoral care
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and ambitious Head of Computing. The opportunity will allow you to lead, shape and develop the curriculum area to an outstanding level. Applicants must have:
- excellent subject knowledge and a desire to share this enthusiasm with young students
- high expectations and a record of outstanding examination results
- the passion to ensure that students attain the highest standards achievable
- the ability to lead, strategically plan and motivate both students and teachers to achieve their full potential
- the ability to teach Computing/Computer Science at GCSE, A-Level and International Baccalaureate level and be able to assist with Oxbridge preparation
- the skills to nurture the positive relationships between staff and students
Staff will be encouraged to contribute fully to the co-curricular life of the School, and this is reflected in the salary offered. A strong commitment to the pastoral and house system is also anticipated. Accommodation may be available; alternatively, assistance is offered towards removal expenses.
In return we offer a generous salary and benefits package including Teachers’ Pension Scheme (with Life Assurance cover), Employee Discount Club, discounted school fees for the Foundation Schools, discounted off-peak membership at our on-site gym, Simply Health cash plan, a range of family-friendly benefits and a season ticket loan.
We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to attract staff that matches the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.
For further information and an online application form, please visit www.whitgift.co.uk/vacancies For any queries, please te lephone the Human Resources Department on 020 8688 9222 or email SchoolHR@whitgift.co.uk
Applications will be reviewed daily and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Whitgift School (part of the Whitgift Foundation) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Where applicable, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.