Head of Creative Technologies
Buile Hill Visual Arts College is an 11 - 16, co-educational, fully comprehensive community school, serving the inner city community of Salford. It is a rapidly improving school, which has a growing reputation in the area. In September 2010, we moved into a brand new building. We were last inspected in October 2012 and we were delighted with the ‘good’ judgement which was well deserved recognition for the progress we had made as a school. Due to the increasing school roll, the department is expanding and we are looking to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated Head of Creative Technologies.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic, dynamic and inspirational teacher to lead the ICT/Design Technology department. You will be a strong leader and skilled manager with a distinct sense of purpose and a career teacher who can communicate a love of the subject and bring strong intellectual leadership to a committed team.
· An excellent teacher who is ambitious and wants to further their career.
· A charismatic individual who can influence staff at department level, leading a team of highly talented and hardworking teachers.
· An inclusive individual, with high expectations of their students, who is committed to maximising rates of progress and has innovative curriculum ideas to support all pupils
· Someone with a sense of humour, who understands the importance of developing a positive culture in our organisation and is totally committed to the concept of distributed leadership
We will guarantee:
· You will be supported but challenged.
· Provided with the very best CPD on offer from the abundance of talented staff working within the school as well as external experts seconded to work with us to maintain objectivity in school.
· A stimulating and friendly working environment where every member of staff is valued and makes a significant contribution to the Buile Hill Family.
· Working with honest, aspirational students, who are full of character and have a lot of potential.
· Support from creative and innovative colleagues that will ensure your professional practice continues to develop in-line with national standards.
If you feel you share our values, have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that students fulfil their potential, then we would like to hear from you.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Completed application forms should be returned to:
Mrs. J. Derbyshire
Buile Hill Visual Arts College
Eccles Old Road
Salford M6 8RD
at the following email address email@example.com
The closing date for all applications is 8.00am Monday 8th October 2018.
The interviews will take place on Thursday 18th October 2018.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to 2 satisfactory references, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance, evidence of essential qualifications and proof of right to work in the UK.