As a 7-18 State Boarding School, we are seeking a Head of Curricular PE & Games to provide inspirational leadership of the PE Department and effective delivery of an outstanding PE curriculum ensuring all our pupils make excellent progress.
The successful candidate would inspire teachers and pupils to have a passion for the subject and to ensure the PE department is a vibrant department within the school community. The successful candidate will be:
• Committed to the teaching of PE
• An excellent classroom practitioner with understanding of high quality teaching and learning
• Experienced in successful teaching of PE to GCSE and A level and of raising attainment
• Able to create and lead departmental development and be experienced in supporting other staff to enhance teaching and learning
• Able to develop Games lessons to support the School’s ambition for successful school teams and sport for all
• Committed to regular and on-going professional development
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
To apply please complete the application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
The School reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date
Closing Date: Tuesday 4th May, 2021, 9.00 am
Interview Date: Thursday 13th May, 2021 (via Microsoft Teams)
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.
Royal Alexandra and Albert School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is a 7-18 co-educational, non-selective state boarding school located in 260 acres of beautiful private parkland in Gatton Park, Surrey. Our large site allows us to have extensive sporting facilities, including f...