About the Arts department:
We offer high-quality courses across a range of subjects including film and television, photography, computer games design, 3D modelling, 3D animation, web design, performing arts graphic design, advertising and illustration, visual effects, fashion, art, and textiles. Teaching takes place at the Wakefield City Campus with specialist workshop facilities and well-resourced teaching areas. Our vibrant and creative tutors have extensive industry experience and have developed strong links with many local and national organisations, enabling students to undertake live projects and exhibit their work regularly throughout the year.
About the role:
As the Head of Curriculum – Arts, including Visual Arts, Performing Arts, Music, Graphic Design, Media and Fashion, you’ll be a key member of the senior leadership team, operating in a role that will include strategic responsibilities. Specifically this will involve:
- Leading the strategic growth and development of the curriculum, ensuring quality improvement measures are firmly embedded
- Actively leading a high performance culture and ethos, aimed at delivering strong levels of engagement and an environment of continuous improvement amongst all colleagues
- Developing a high quality curriculum offering across all levels of programmes and courses, enabling meaningful progression routes for learners and the provision of an excellent student experience
- Positively supporting and ensuring the implementation of the College’s strategic plan, key strategies and initiatives
The role is fixed term, to cover maternity leave.
More about you:
Already a qualified teacher, who’s dynamic, adaptable and currently operating at a managerial level, you should also have a proven track record of leading teams in the successful achievement of challenging targets. In addition, we’re expecting you to demonstrate:
- Significant experience of strategy development and leading people through change, whilst at the same time ensuring the quality of delivery is maintained and improved
- The ability to establish a high expectation and performance culture amongst staff and students alike, leading to excellent standards of teaching and learning and positive learner outcomes
- A knowledge of examination requirements and broad knowledge of the curriculum areas covered, coupled with a professional qualification in a relevant area
- A strategic outlook and the necessary know-how to accurately assess the quality of teaching and learning through direct observation and other measures
- A passion for helping people achieve their potential and progress to further studies or employment
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am, Monday 21 August 2017
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.