Head of Department – Design and Technology 0.8-1.0 FTE (flexible)
A unique opportunity for an outstanding secondary school leader. Be part of the growing team that are creating a truly exceptional new secondary school and sixth form!
“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace.” - 1 Peter 4:10
Closing date: 10th January 2022
We are looking for an experienced or aspiring head of department to join our growing team to lead the Design and Technology curriculum and teaching team. This enthusiastic and inspiring middle leader would support the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team in leading Christ Church, Church of England Secondary Academy (CCSA) from September 2022. We are seeking to appoint a person who can support the development of a strong Christian vision and who understands the Christian distinctiveness of a Church of England school.
As a school in development, we are in an ideal position to ensure that our founding staff body is best placed to effectively serve our students, their families, and the local community. In recruiting to this post we are looking for candidates who are motivated to realise the talent in each and every student, and has the potential to grow and develop in their leadership experience, knowledge and skillset, as part of a growing team.
Middle leaders of CCSA will support the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team in areas such as:
- Embedding the ethos of the school as a Church of England school with an inclusive and supportive Christian ethos which welcomes, values and nurtures all students regardless of background and of faith / no faith;
- Providing a balanced and broadly-based education designed to enable all students to discover their strengths and to make the most of their talents;
- Ensuring that academic standards are high throughout the school, through developing the highest quality teaching and learning;
- Engendering respect for individuality, difference, the importance of teamwork and the contribution that each student makes to the life of the school and local community;
- Securing and sustaining excellence in safeguarding students’ health and well-being;
- Achieving Ofsted and SIAMS inspection judgements of ‘outstanding’ / ‘excellent’; and
- Establishing the school as a community hub, including through appropriate use of school facilities by community groups, and promoting community cohesion.
Interviews commencing January 2022.
To arrange an informal enquiry, please contact Mark Bowman Dalton or Elizabeth Ford through Helen Howlings who can be contacted at email@example.com or telephone +44 121 393 3678. Further details of the school, trust and post can be found at www.bdmatschools.com and www.christchurchsecondary.org.uk
Applications should be made electronically by completing our online application form through TES.
Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust (BDMAT) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. BDMAT is a Disability Confident employer.
Welcome to Christ Church, Church of England, Secondary Academy. A brand-new school in Yardley Wood, Birmingham.
Christ Church Secondary Academy (CCSA) is open to girls and boys of all backgrounds who value education and apply themselves to the best o...