Head of Department - Design & Technology
MPR/UPR plus London Fringe and TLR 2c £6,515 per annum
Ash Manor School is a successful 11–16 mixed comprehensive judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in its most recent inspection and is committed to becoming outstanding.
We are keen to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and inspirational person to lead our Design and Technology department from January 2018. The department is well resourced with a new, fully equipped food technology room, a practical room with a wide range of machinery including vacuum formers, band saws, pillar drills, vinyl/laser cutter and 3D printers, a large, fully equipped textiles room and an ICT suite. A second food technology room is planned for 2018 to support the growing demand for the subject.
This position would be suitable for an established teacher who is ambitious and would like to progress to the next stage of their career while making a significant difference to the lives of our students.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who:
- Believes in young people.
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom and as a leader.
- Is keen to lead and manage a highly motivated staff team.
- Is passionate about Design and Technology and is keen to improve standards across all year groups.
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
- Is committed to raising standards of attainment and developing the success of the department.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Sets high expectations of themselves and their students.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise students achievements even further.
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
- Opportunities for further professional development.
- Child Care Voucher Scheme.
- Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff.
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community.
For further information and to apply please visit our website www.ashmanorschool.com/vacancies Please download an application form and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am, Monday16 October 2017.
Interview date: Wednesday 18 October 2017.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.