About the Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding professional who now feels ready to take the Lead of our English Department. You will be enthusiastic, committed and a well qualified teacher of English to lead our forward looking and innovative team.
English is a very successful and high profile subject. It's a popular A level subject in which our students achieve good results. It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to teach English at A level.
For the right candidate there is a fantastic opportunity for up to £5,000 relocation package! Reading is an ever improving, exciting town to live in or near. It is just off the M4 with excellent train connections into London (20 min to Paddington or a little over 1 hr drive), without the cost of London house prices. Heathrow is only 25 min away and if you enjoy the outside we are close to areas of outstanding national beauty.
The successful candidate will be
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom as well as others.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We can offer you
- A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive English team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to:
- Car Purchase scheme
- Healthcare plan
- Gym membership scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the students and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates be
Please apply through the White Horse Federation Website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form or to arrange a visit.