Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Head of Department / English Teacher to work in an ‘Outstanding’ independent school. This school is located in North West London. The ideal Head of Department / English Teacher must have a great knowledge of teaching A Level English Literature and be sympathetic to the Hindu ethos of the school. The Head of Department / English Teacher must be passionate, and bring good energy to the team. This role is to start in September 2018 with the view of a permanent contract.
About the role
· Head of Department / English Teacher
· To start September 2018 with the view of going permanent
· Must have a great knowledge of teaching A Level English Literature
· Daily rate from £140-£160 depending on experience
About this school
· An ‘Outstanding’ independent school
· A strong ethos for the Hindu religion
· This is a high achieving school with pupils often going on to further education
· Behaviour is judged to be outstanding throughout the school
· The school has established and continues to grow its link with the local community
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Department / English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree, you will be a graduate in English or a related degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Be able to provide references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number FXZ18521
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.