We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to take the lead in a forward thinking and ambitious Computing/ICT/Enterprise/Media department, on a permanent basis. Working closely with other colleagues in the department, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead curriculum planning, teaching and learning at KS3 and KS4, embedding challenge for all and ensuring all students make exceptional progress. There will also be the opportunity to grow as a leader through a dedicated CPD package, that will equip the post holder for further future progression.
We wish to appoint a colleague to this post who has:
• Outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills
• A strong academic background with the ability to teach to GCSE and vocational courses
• Demonstrable impact in leading progress
• Demonstrable impact in leading first quality teaching
• Evidence of ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development
• The desire to maximise the performance of all students and the very best progress for all
The post is suitable for an experienced Head of Department or a successful teacher/ leader who has a proven track record, seeking an opportunity to work in a professional and highly purposeful environment within a culture where we want all our students to succeed.
Great Academies Education Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please visit our website www.copleyacademy.org.uk for an online application pack or you can apply through the TES online apply facility. Alternatively, please contact the Academy on 0161 338 6684. Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Copley Academy, Huddersfield Road, Stalybridge, SK15 3RR.
Closing date for applications: Monday 8th March 2021 at 12 noon
Interviews will be held on: Week commencing 15th March 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years