B. JOB PURPOSE:
• To assist the Head of Faculty: Humanities in fulfilling the academy’s vision and instilling the academy’s values in all that we do.
• To assist the Head of Faculty: Humanities in providing strategic leadership for the academy
• To assist the Head of Faculty: Humanities in the delivery of the three year development plan in line with the academy’s vision and values
• To teach consistently outstanding lessons which bring about excellent outcomes for students
• To ensure consistently outstanding lessons are typically taught by all members of staff within the Geography department which bring about excellent outcomes for students - through auditing the quality of teaching and learning and providing appropriate professional development.
• To implement thorough quality assurance measures to ensure attainment and outcomes for our students.
• To (along with all leaders in the academy) devise strategies for raising attainment and ensuring the Academy Development Plan is implemented successfully.
• To deliver daily sessions of literacy intervention in addition to their core responsibilities
Quality of Teaching and Learning
• To ensure your teaching is of a consistently high quality and your outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs
• To ensure the teaching across your department is of a consistently high quality and the outcomes are exemplary and in line with KPIs
• To work in partnership with the lead professional for teaching and learning to ensure there is support for colleagues in developing their:
• To ensure consistently high standards across your department through rigorous quality assurance measures
• To regularly observe and develop colleagues and act as a beacon of best pedagogical practice
• To ensure you are up to date with national and international curriculum developments
• To create, lead on and develop parts of the whole academy continued professional development to ensure outstanding outcomes for students.
• To be at the cutting edge of pedagogical research in order to influence and develop best practice here
• Seek opportunities to collaborate with other academies, innovative and high achieving schools through the Oasis Community Learning and other relevant networks to share and develop excellent pedagogies.
Student Achievement and Attainment
• Ensure a rigorous assessment policy is in place in Geography so that KPIs can be accurately tracked and monitored in order to ensure KS5 students make outstanding progress.
• Set challenging targets that build on prior attainment of every student and ensure our KPIs are met.
• Ensure the quality of feedback in Geography is in line with the OASB and Humanities feedback policies.
• Set, track, evaluate and report on student progress in Geography.
• Keep systematic records to show students' understanding and completion of work and the identified strengths, areas for development and grades awarded.
• Support and help colleagues to improve their effectiveness by developing their understanding and use of student data and strategies to address underachievement.
• Ensure a consistent and continuous focus on student achievement using data to track and monitor the progress in every student’s learning.
• Evaluate student progress in Geography through the use of appropriate assessments and records and regular analysis of the data.
• Use national, local and academy data effectively to analyse and evaluate KS5 student progress; planning and implementing effective interventions to support students. Use local and national statistical data and other information, in order to provide (a) a comparative baseline for evaluating learners’ progress and attainment, (b) a means of judging the effectiveness of their teaching, and (c) a basis for improving teaching and learning
• Work with the National Lead Practitioner for Geography on the design, creation and implementation of a national curriculum, in line with the Oasis Community Learning vision and values.
• Organise and oversee regular trips at KS3, KS4 and KS5, including the GCSE and A Level fieldwork trips.
Whole Academy Responsibility
• To assist the Head of Faculty: Humanities in fulfilling the academy’s vision and instilling the academy’ values in all that we do
• To assist the Principals in the implementation of the Academy Self Evaluation Academy Development Plan
• To assist in the appointment of staff and their deployment to make the most effective use of their skills, expertise and experience to raise standards of achievement across the Academy.
• Any other responsibility as set out by the Principals
E. Safeguarding children and young people
Oasis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young People. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced CRB check.
OTHER: The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.