Job Title: Head of Department – Geography
Start Date: April 2020 (Start date may be negotiable for the right candidate)
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR 1A £8,069
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented Head of Department who is dedicated and keen to join our dynamic, enthusiastic and inspirational Geography team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations and they should possess the imagination, energy and skill to help craft their curriculum and department. They will have the ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils alike and possess the necessary drive and determination to further improve an already successful department.
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
We are looking to appoint a passionate and dynamic Head of Department to teach Geography across the age and ability range within both Key Stage 3 and 4 including GCSE level, in addition the department offers Travel and Tourism. The successful candidate will be joining a well-resourced and highly successful Geography department and should have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve the current success rate. You should have:
• A real passion for leading teaching and learning in Geography
• The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils along with the ability to manage behaviour
• Evidence of real measurable impact as a teacher/and middle leader
• A willingness to contribute to the school and multi academy trust at all levels
• A willingness to be supportive of the Geography Department drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
• An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust.
If this sounds like the job for you then come and join us. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Thursday 16th January 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.