St. George’s English School Bilbao is a private school in Leioa, Bizkaia (Spain) that aspires to the highest educational standards and takes an international approach, focusing on providing a values-based education and achieving fluency in English. We aim to stimulate a lifelong passion for learning, encouraging every child to fulfil their academic, personal and professional goals. We follow the prestigious British National Curriculum from Early Years to Year 7.
The school is part of the Globeducate group, one of the 5 largest educational groups in the world. Globeducate owns more than 50 schools worldwide, across three continents, and has more than 40 years’ experience in the education sector. For more information about Globeducate please visit our website: www.globeducate.com
St. George’s English School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and skilled Head of Primary, to join and lead our fantastic Primary team.
The Head of Primary has the overall responsibility for the academic progress, behaviour and pastoral care of the students of the Early Years, Key Stage 1 & 2, and works closely with the Head of School to lead and manage the Primary Team in order to provide students with enriching learning experiences and unlock their potential. He/she may also have some teaching allocation.
The ideal candidate is someone enthusiastic and passionate about learning and has the drive to get the most from the primary stage. If you think you are the right person and meet the requirements for the position, don't hesitate to apply. We are looking for you!
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
• Meets and advises the Head of School on all aspects of the education offered and assists him/her with the appointment of new staff;
• Maintains an overview of curriculum standards and student progress;
• Coordinates meetings and monitors the Primary teachers;
• Supervises the learning in the Primary School, promoting good practices;
• Responsible for effective staff performance appraisal;
• Works closely with the HR Department to build effective development programs for staff;
• Responsible for student well being and welfare in the primary school.
• Organises staff and parent meetings
• Works closely with the Head of School to ensure clear communication with all stakeholders, including school reports;
• Collaborates in the recruitment of staff;
• Ensures the effective management and deployment of resources, including timetabling of staff and spaces.
• Qualified Teacher Status (Primary Education)
• High level of English (Mother tongue / C2 level)
• At least two years’ middle management experience
• Eligible to work in the EU
• British Teaching Qualification
• Desirable experience in UK and/or International Schools
• Appreciated good knowledge of Spanish
• Knowledge of Secondary stage is a plus
SKILLS & PERSONAL QUALITIES
• Strong personal and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to lead by example the staff and pupils;
• Open-minded and hands-on person, with a pro-active nature;
• Strong organisational skills and the aptitude to work both independently and collaboratively;
• A team player, able to motivate students and colleague and build positive relationships;
• Flexibility and the capacity to adapt to any given situation, reacting positively;
• Good ICT skills.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children and promoting child welfare. The appointment will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please submit your application by sending us your Curriculum Vitae with a recent photo and a written statement in support of your application.
For more information about Globeducate, please visit: www.globeducate.com
You will find further information about St. Georges English School on our website: www.st-george.com
St George's English School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years