About GEMS Westminster School - Ras Al Khaimah
GEMS WSR is a diverse and vibrant community that combines tradition and innovation in teaching and learning, enabling pupils to be excel in all aspects of their school life. The school offers the internationally recognised National Curriculum for England, and prepares students to take the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) course and A Level Examinations of the Universities of Cambridge London (UK), Oxford AQA and Pearson Edexcel.
As a community, we place a strong emphasis on relationships between staff, students and parents; the culture and ethos of the school rooted in celebrating our diverse international community. GEMS Westminster School Ras Al Khaimah is part of the Gems Education group, the largest global education company in the world, ‘We see genius in every child’. GEMS Westminster school opened in September 2013, we are an all through school with over 3000 students from KG1 to Grade 12 (4 to 18 years). GEMS Westminster School Ras Al Khaimah is a happy, stimulating, caring school, where we develop a love of learning and high aspirations.
We hope that that you will be motivated to join us continue on our journey in the pursuit of excellence.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Department - Secondary Maths to join our team from August 2021.
You will be responsible for running a successful department and should have previous experience implementing outstanding teaching and learning practices both within the classroom and across a wider department setting.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A B.Ed or degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent with exceptional subject knowledge
- Significant experience teaching GCSE and A-Level or equivalent at a National Curriculum for England curriculum school is a must
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- Willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
About the Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concessions, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
About GEMS Education
Working with GEMS Education offers you a unique opportunity for career progressions and enhances your experience in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest K-12 private school operator.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhance the opportunity to save whilst working overseas
To be considered for this position, please click apply to complete the quick application on the GEMS Education careers site. Please ensure you clearly differentiate what year groups you have experience teaching.
Please clarify in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 4 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 25 and below 59 years of age
GEMS Westminster School, Ras Al Khaimah
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 14 years