Why Teach Design and Technology at Riverside School?
Riverside School is seeking to appoint a highly talented teacher to the post of Head of Design and Technology at our new Campus. This new post provides a fantastic opening to lead and shape the D&T department with state-of-the-art design and technology facilities, incorporating the latest technologies. Riverside School’s superb professional development programme will enable you to be the very best head of D&T and a successful leader within the school. This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious NQT or experienced teacher in this rapidly expanding school.
Our relentless focus is on teaching and learning, while developing great teachers is our number one priority. Weekly one-to-one tailored coaching sessions, termly lesson study and generous time to plan means teachers are motivated and highly talented. There is a real sense of passion and determination that students and staff bring to all that they do, making Riverside School a superb place both to learn and to work.
The design and technology department is rapidly expanding and offers a full and broad range of professional developmental opportunities for the successful candidate. Applications from NQT’s are welcome.
We are looking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic teacher of design and technology with exceptional subject knowledge to join our highly successful and collaborative department.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to teach at all key stages, including A-Level.
- Show evidence of being, or having the clear potential to be, an outstanding teacher of design and technology.
- Contribute and show commitment to our innovative and forward thinking department.
- Contribute to intervention programmes and other after-school activities.
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school.
- Be a reflective practitioner who focusses on continuous learning.
- Want to make a real difference to the lives of all young people
- Be committed to the happiness, well-being and progress of everyone at the school.
In return, we can offer you:
- A cohesive team of people who believe in working collaboratively; sharing ideas and supporting each other.
- The opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve excellence.
- Participation in lesson studies which provide an opportunity for collaborative planning and the detailed and evaluative analysis of specific pedagogical foci.
- Unrivalled CPDL opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress.
- A purpose built and well-resourced design and technology department, with brand new workshops complete with data projectors and smart boards, and excellent CAD/CAM provision including laser cutters and a 3D printer.
If you share in our commitment to achieve excellence for all, we want to hear from you. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 19th March 2018.
To find out more about our school please visit http://secondary.riversidecampus.com/. Visits to the school before application are welcomed. Please contact Headteacher: Andy Roberts, on 020 3946 5888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Riverside School, Renwick Road, Barking, IG11 0FU
Closing Date: 12 noon – Monday 19th March 2018.
Start Date: July 2018 (NQTs) or September 2018. Plus TLR (dependent on experience and specific role).
Salary: MPS or UPS (Inner London) dependent on experience.
Riverside School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.