Queen’s Gate is a thriving GSA day school for girls aged 4 –18 and is ideally situated in Central London to take advantage of the many educational opportunities on offer. Our Design and Technology Department is a thriving, innovative, dynamic and very well-resourced Department which offers Design & Technology, Product Design and Graphic Communication.
We wish to appoint from 1st September 2021, a suitably qualified teacher as Head of Design Technology to lead a strong, collaborative team.
The successful candidate will:
• Ideally be a Product Design specialist
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner and have experience in teaching the new OCR specifications at both A level and GCSE
• Be confident teaching across the spectrum of Design & Technology including Textiles and Electronics
• Be committed to the development of an engaging curriculum
• Have the ability and creativity to inspire and support staff and pupils
• Be committed to promoting the department through a range of wider school activities and ensuring the continued uptake of the subject at examination level
An application form, a person specification and job description may be downloaded from our website www.queensgate.org.uk/about-us/employment-opportunities . When completed the application form should be sent by email together with a covering letter to the Principal to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than Monday, 1st March 2021.
Queen’s Gate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS checks and have references taken up with previous employers.
Queen's Gate School
Kensington and Chelsea
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 4 - 18 years
Queen's Gate School is an all-through independent day school for girls aged 4-18, housed in five Victorian buildings in South Kensington, London. There are around 500 pupils on roll, with a wide range of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, reflecting th...