The Kingston Academy seeks a skillful and engaging Head of Design and Technology with a strong command of this subject and a forward thinking approach.
We invite applications from candidates with the following attributes for this pivotal role:
• Passionate about their subject, with an innovative approach to DT (engineering & manufacturing focus, ‘beyond the birdbox’);
• Strong classroom practitioner, with the ability to engage pupils, and experienced in teaching to GCSE and ‘A’ level standard;
• Experienced in curriculum planning and development;
• With the ability to think strategically about the future direction of their subject area;
• Experienced in managing teaching professionals;
• Experienced in performance development;
• Innovative in their approach to engaging pupils in Design and Technology;
• Flexible and committed to engage in the wider curriculum through our Going Beyond and enrichment activities.