This is a fantastic opportunity to take on the leadership of a high performing and successful Design and Technology Faculty at Garden International School. The department is also an Autodesk Academic Partner. Successful leadership experience and at least 4 years’ teaching experience are both essential. Experience of teaching and leading an A-Level programme would be an advantage.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Be a proponent for skills-based learning
- Be willing to embrace a collaborative planning approach
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a real team player
- Be willing to embrace, innovate and lead educational change
- Be positive and solution-focused
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible leader with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 12th February 2019. Interviews will take place via Skype in February.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2019-20’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).