Position: Head of Design Technology (Food Specialism)
Teacher & Leader within Design Technology
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Pay: £42,195 - £46,566 (L1 – L5)
Salary is dependent on experience, training, and qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are QTS/QTLS (or equivalent)
Contract start: January 2022 (dependent on candidate availability)
Are you a Food Preparation & Nutrition Specialist? Are you looking to make the next step in your career and really make a difference through effective leadership?
About the role
This exciting Head of Design Technology / Leadership role will consist of teaching Design Technology across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 to classes of all abilities. In addition to this the successful candidate will lead a welcoming team of staff within the department. The successful candidate must be able to teach Food Preparation & Nutrition at GCSE level.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
• Carrying out the professional responsibilities of a classroom teacher
• Providing clear and cohesive leadership within the Design Technology department, supporting colleagues to ensure high quality teaching & learning
• Reviewing and developing resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies within the department
• To work with the Vice Principal to ensure staff development needs are met
• To apply all school policies fairly and consistently throughout the department
About the school
Vision for Education are proud to be working in partnership with a welcoming Academy in the Wigan area that values individuals, promotes teamwork and recognises the importance of community.
They believe every member of the school community must take personal responsibility for their contribution towards achieving the school’s mission; and through this they aim to enable all pupils to thrive, to fulfil their potential and contribute positively to the wider community and its future success.
Experience and qualifications required for this Head of Design Technology position:
• PGCE (or equivalent) with QTS/QTLS is essential
• Recent experience of teaching Design Technology, including Food Preparation & Nutrition at GCSE
• Be a strong practitioner within proven experience
• Experience leading (or supporting the leadership) within a department
• Confident with assessment and reporting
How to apply
Vision for Education are committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education's Permanent Recruitment Team, please contact Daniel Bazeley on 0161 470 2291 or via email@example.com