We are seeking a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher and technologist whose key roles will be responsibility for the teaching of computing throughout the school and to provide a strategic and comprehensive oversight of all digital learning. The Head of Digital Learning and Technological Innovation will also have the following four key areas of responsibility:
● Pupil and staff training relating to technology and digital safety
● Working with academic colleagues to promote the use of technology in teaching and learning
● Assisting the IT steering group (chaired by Deputy Headmaster Teaching & Learning) in future planning for hardware and software needs
● Head of Department / Class Teacher
The successful applicant will also be expected to provide technical support for assemblies, school productions and events including: Sound; AV; Lighting; and Special Effects.
This is a permanent appointment, commencing 7th January 2019.
In addition to the standard roles of a Head of Department and Class Teacher, the above key responsibilities can be broken down into some of the key tasks detailed below to give a flavour of the role:
● Lead digital strategy across the School
● Under the guidance of the Compliance Officer, devise and implement relevant School Policies and Protocols
● Work closely with the Registrar and the Marketing Officer to support the marketing of the School through digital means
● Lead on all matters pertaining to digital research
Teaching and Learning:
● Work with the Deputy Head (Pastoral) to ensure the Digital Health strategy is implemented
● Teach Computing to Years 3 to 8 whilst maintaining an overview of all teaching of computing
● The successful candidate must be able to offer another curriculum subject
Promoting and Developing the Department:
● In liaison with the Head of PSHE to ensure the school has a coherent, vigilant and up to date approach to E-safety throughout the school which educates the children, parents and adults. This also involves teaching E-safety as part of the curriculum
● Assist the Compliance Officer and the Director of Studies with the management information system (SIMS) in meeting the needs of all sections of the community and supporting effective data analysis and reporting
● Lead on training all staff in the use of Microsoft Office, Google Suite and mobile devices
● Manage Google users
● Stay abreast of developments within other schools and in the technology sector
The successful candidate will fulfil these criteria:
· Excellent teaching skills and also demonstrate total commitment to the wider life of a busy and vibrant prep school
· Ability to inspire pupils
· Experienced teacher with a firm grasp of current educational thinking
· Articulate and confident with a flair for communication and promotion of the school
· In good health with the energy and drive to cope with a demanding and key role in the school community
The rate of pay is considerably higher than national pay scales and salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s level of experience.
Job description, person specification and an application form are available to download from http://www.bishopsgate-school.co.uk/careers
Closing Date: 16.00 Monday 25th June 2018
Please return completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Recruitment Administrator, Bishopsgate School, Bishopsgate Road, Englefield Green, Surrey TW20 0YJ.
Bishopsgate School is committed to providing a safe environment for its pupils and staff. Applicants for this post will be required to provide proof of identity at interview and undergo an enhanced DBS check before starting work.