Head of Digital Learning
This appointment represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic teacher who can drive forward the teaching of Computing whilst also supporting colleagues and senior managers in developing a long-term strategy for embracing opportunities to integrate digital learning across the School.
This post would suit an innovative and energetic teacher of Computer Science, or a related discipline with a proven track-record in the use of digital learning strategies. It is imperative that the successful candidate has the skills required to work with colleagues from all departments, and the interest and enthusiasm to engage colleagues in experimenting with different technologies. An ability to think strategically and on a whole-school basis would also be beneficial. Applications are welcome from candidates at all stages in their careers, with a full and recognised induction programme in place which, for NQTs, will lead to QTS.
Computer Science Department
The School currently delivers a Computer Studies course to pupils in the First and Second Form (Years 7 and 8). This currently sits within the Design Technology Department and is delivered by three teachers. The successful candidate will be responsible for forming a Computer Science Department and taking leadership of the delivery of Computing within the curriculum.
At present, more advanced coding, robotics and web design is delivered through the AOB programme, led by Sixth Form students.
The School is looking to expand the footprint of IT across the School, both in terms of the way it is integrated within general teaching and learning and also in the way in which it is taught as a discrete subject.
The Head of Digital Learning is responsible for the formation and implementation of a long-term strategic plan for the development of digital technology in teaching and learning at Cokethorpe School. It is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and passionate practitioner to shape the future direction of Computing.
· Continual review and development of IT provision to support the academic ambitions of the school
· Take the lead on the full integration of appropriate technology across the academic activities of the school, acting as a role model for good practice
· Keep abreast of debate and developments in the field of educational technology
· Develop an exciting Computer Science curriculum for pupils in the Lower School (Key Stage 3) with a view to introducing GCSE and potentially A Level Computer Science
· Consider opportunities for providing suitable professional development to support school staff in the productive use of IT. This could involve organising, or delivering suitable training.
· Advise SMT on issues related to digital learning, data management and online safety, with reference to appropriate legislation where needed.
· Either a degree in Computer Science or a related subject or a track record of engagement and expertise in Computing
· Excellent knowledge of the opportunities available in the world of Digital Learning
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with pupils, parents and staff
· An ability to think strategically and lead by example
· An ability to inspire and teach a love of learning
· High standards of written and oral communication
· Willingness to contribute to the wider school life including the sports programme, co-curricular commitments, the activities programme and the tutoring and House system.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically (as separate PDF or Word documents in one e-mail) the following to Mrs S Coles, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline at Noon on Monday 26 March 2018
- A covering letter address to the Headmaster, Mr D J Ettinger
- A fully completed Cokethorpe School academic application form
- A personal CV is not required
Interviews will take place on Thursday 29 March 2018